ABC Metadata Meeting
January 27-28, 2000
Coalition for Networked Information, Washington DC
21 Dupont Circle
see also meta-harmony
archives for comments on strawman doc
THURSDAY January 27, 2000
Welcome and Introductions
Goals and Objectives of the Workshop - Carl Lagoze
- Common knowledge model and its
- "Scoping metadata initiatives
and their relationships"
- Relation to other activities?
- Can we enumerate (some of)
these and outline their scope)
Presentation of ABC document - Dan Brickley
- High Level overview and concepts
- comments to date - summary
- Domain issues in examples
Definition of Scope
-What problems we want to
- What second order problems can we address
Identification of Issues for Discussion - ALL
- Each participant makes
notes during the presentation
- Cluster these by common thread and
prioritized by the group
Discussion of issues
… Examples for each domain to serve as a reality check;
make sure to bring yours!
- Down and Dirty on highest priority issues
How've we done today?
- What will we do tomorrow?
- followed by discussion of burning bar issues
Friday January 28, 2000
* What's left to do?
- Review of Agenda From Yesterday
- Report of last night's discussions
- Identification of Open
Discussion of Issues
* Review resolutions & prioritize discussion areas
* Issues - Last Chance!
Achievements and Next Steps
* What have we accomplished?
* Next Steps
- Roles and Responsibilities
… Report: (Dan, Carl, Jane, Naomi to do rough draft on
- Next meeting if necessary